Humana Dental Insurance Provider
What is Humana Dental Insurance?
Health insurance provider Humana was established in 1961 in Louisville, Kentucky. Over 13 million clients countrywide can choose from individual health and life insurance policies, military healthcare services, and wellness programs.
|Humana Dental Insurance Provider|
The business has won numerous accolades and honors for its goods and business practices that promote equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Dental Insurance from Humana
Review of Humana Dental Insurance
One of the biggest providers of dental insurance in the nation is Humana. They offer dental insurance to private citizens, public entities, and businesses. A co-payment option is provided, and pre-certification is not necessary.
What benefits are offered by Humana Dental Insurance?
Dental Preventive Plus by HumanaOne
Low deductibles, no copayments, and full coverage for many preventive procedures are all features of this dental PPO plan. A dental choice is not necessary under this plan.
Plan HumanaOne Dental Value (C550 and HI215)
These dental prepaid plans provide no waiting periods and minimal copayments for numerous dental services. You must decide on a primary dentist for each plan.
Plan for HumanaOne Loyalty Plus
With increased coverage on procedures including routine checkups, root canals, and crowns from years one to three, a one-time deductible for as long as you are a member, and no copayments or waiting periods, this dental plan rewards members for their loyalty. With the knowledge that this plan covers the same amount of the cost regardless of which dentist you attend, you can visit the one you want.
Simple Choice Plan from Humana Dental Insurance Provider
This dental plan has no deductibles, fixed service prices, and is easy to understand. The HumanaOne Dental Simple Choice network includes more than 170,000 dentists, so you are not compelled to choose one before enrolling. Instead, you can choose the general dentist of your choice from this list.
Dental Preventive Plus by HumanaOne
How much money do you save?
- Preventive 70% outside of the network, 100% in network
- fundamentals: 50% in network, 30% outside of network
- $35.00 One-Time Enrollment Fee, Non-Refundable
- Monthly Plan Fee ($21.24 for 1 Person)
- Admin. Fee: $1.00 (waived if you pay annually).
- Association Fee per Month (PBA) $0.70
- $1,000 minus any discounts
- Covered Procedures and Payments
- 100% no deductible for preventive services
- 50% of all services after the deductible
- discounts are only available through participating dentists.
The first of the month after the month you registered will serve as the start date.
Based on statistics from Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix, and Pittsburgh, these charges represent the average that a patient will pay for each operation with an in-network provider.
Cosmetic dentistry, implants, and/or general anesthesia are not discounted services.
Regarding Humana Dental Insurance Provider
The corporate headquarters of Humana, founded in 1961, are located in Louisville, Kentucky. It provides a range of insurance products, such as:
The Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange, which standardizes the data insurers submit to providers and seeks to lower costs, enhance accuracy in paying claims, and minimize administrative burdens, has granted Humana certification.
The National Committee for Quality Assurance, which promotes openness, responsibility, and best practices in health care plans, has granted the company accreditation.
Dental Insurance Plans from Humana
There are up to six different Humana dental insurance plans available, depending on your location and age. A veteran dental discounts program and a dental discount plan that isn't insurance are also available.
The six main dental insurance programs are described in further detail below. Contact Humana or an authorized insurance broker for the complete plan details and coverage limitations.
Humana Dental Plan Bright Plus
- Organization of the preferred provider type (PPO)
- Preventive services are fully covered when received from an in-network provider and include two annual checkups and cleanings as well as one set of bitewing X-rays.
- Basic Services: Covered 60% when in-network; covers two annual fillings and emergency care for pain relief
- Additional fees: $100 annually for in-office teeth whitening
- $50 for individuals and $150 for families is the annual deductible.
- Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin are the available states.
Humana Dental Loyalty Plus Plan
- Kind: PPO
- Annual Maximum: $1,000 in years one and two, $1,250 in years three and up, and $1,500 thereafter.
- Fillings, extractions, and X-rays are included in the basic services. Coverage: 40% the first year, 55% the next year, and 70% the third year and beyond
- Includes root canals, crowns, and dentures under major services. Coverage: 20% for the first year, 30% for the second, and 50% for the third year and beyond
- There are the following states available: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Plan for Humana Dental Value
- Type: Organization for maintaining dental health (DHMO)
- Maximum Per Year: None
- Preventive services are completely covered and do not need a deductible.
- Basic Services: Fees are predetermined. includes extractions, fillings, and X-rays
- No annual deductible
- Dental Value plan HI215 is accessible in the following states: Florida, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, and Texas. In Georgia, Illinois, and Kentucky, Dental Value plan C550 is an additional choice.
Humana Dental Preventive Plus Plan
- Kind: PPO
- Per-person annual maximum: $1,000
- Preventive services are completely covered and include checkups and cleanings.
- 50% of basic services are covered, including extractions, fillings, and X-rays.
- The annual deductible is "minimal" (but not specified)
- Available States: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Full-Service Humana Dental Plan:
- Kind: PPO
- Annual Deductible: $50 per person or $150 per family; preventative care provided inside the network has no deductible.
- 100% of preventive services are covered. includes two annual checkups, two cleanings, two applications of topical fluoride, and one limited oral examination.
- After deductible, basic services are 80% covered. includes, among other things, extractions and root removal.
- There are the following states available: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, and Wisconsin.
Humana Dental Preventive Value Plan
- 80% of preventive services are reimbursed if you stay in the network after your lifetime deductible.
- Basic Services: 50% paid in-network after a lifetime deductible; 30% reimbursed if you travel outside of the network; includes regular dental examinations and assessments, cleanings, x-rays, and topical fluoride treatment
- Maximum Per Year: None
- $50 for an individual, $100 for an individual and a dependent or spouse, and $150 for a family of three or more constitute the lifetime deductible.
- There are the following states available: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin.
All 50 states and Washington, D.C. are covered by Humana, but not all dental plans are offered in each state. By entering your zip code on the Humana website, you may view a list of plans in your area along with their prices. (The cost of each plan varies depending on location.)
The dental network at Humana is extensive. 335,000 dentists and specialists around the country are accessible via the majority of plans, including the Humana Complete Dental Plan and Bright Plus
Humana Dental Plan.
Humana Dental Offers Additional Programs
Humana provides individuals and their families with the following in addition to dental insurance plans:
- Plans for health insurance
- Plans under Medicare and Medicaid
- programs for vision insurance
- pharmacy advantages
The Experience With Customer Service
Although only during specific hours and not on weekends, Humana provides customer care support on its website, over the phone, and via Twitter. Many of the clients who gave negative internet evaluations of Humana's dental insurance expressed dissatisfaction with the customer service they received.
Ratings and reviews for Humana Dental Insurance
Since 1998, Humana has held BBB accreditation and has received an A+ rating. However, it only receives 1.38 out of 5 stars in customer reviews, which cover all of its insurance offerings. The BBB reports that Humana has had 199 closed complaints over the past three years and 63 in the last 12 months.
"Dental services have been slowly charged to my account for the past five years, even though I've canceled twice. I'm considering accusing someone of fraud through my bank.
One customer gave their experience a one-star rating and commented, "I cannot get anyone to speak with me and every time I ask for a number they are inaccurate and no longer functional.
"Signed up for a Humana dental plan because it included information about dentists in our region that we often visit. The dentists listed indicated they were no longer in-network when we contacted them. The majority of the dentists on the list agree. Had to pay for the cleaning that was covered. Another client gave Humana a one-star review and stated, "Not happy with Humana.
In the meantime, a client who gave a five-star rating said they were
"Always interact with lovely folks and very delighted with my insurance via Humana."
There is surely something that fits your needs and budget among the several dental insurance plans offered by Humana.
You must conduct your research to ascertain whether the plan you're interested in will work for you because not every plan is offered in every state. Customer satisfaction scores and ratings for Humana, however, are below average.
Humana dental insurance phone number
Humana dental insurance phone number: 866-537-0232 (CUSTOMER SERVICE)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 1:15pm
Summary-Humana Dental Insurance Provider
Summary: With more than 335,000 dentists and specialists spread out across the United States, Humana has one of the largest provider networks in the country.
Plans and coverage: For the individual consumer, Humana offers six dental plans, as well as a dental discounts program and discounts for veterans.
Customer service: Hours of availability for Humana staff via an online chat tool vary depending on things like geography. You can call or use Twitter to get assistance. Phone lines are generally available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time.